PADI Scuba Review or Scuba Tune-up Course Online
The PADI Scuba Review Course
PADI Scuba Review
Has it been a while since you’ve been scuba diving?
Do you feel like your scuba skills and knowledge are a bit rusty?
Then Scuba Review Tune-up is just the refresher you need. It reacquaints you with diving so that you’re back to feeling comfortable in the underwater world in less than a day.
The Fun Part
Brush up on your scuba knowledge and skills. Improve your diving ability, and get your scuba gear ready for your next scuba vacation or diving holiday.
What You Learn
You go over scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training. Then, practice fundamental skills in a pool or a confined water area. You review:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
After you complete the knowledge assessment, you go through the Confined Water Skills Preview. You review information about each skill, why its important, points to remember when performing the skill and possibly a short video clip. Completing this section just before practising is a great way to refresh your knowledge of how each skill is performed.
The Scuba Review course is particularly beneficial if you:
- Just haven’t scuba dived for a while and want to get acclimated again
- Are a PADI Open Water Diver course referral student who wants a refresher prior to making your open water training dives
- Are a PADI Scuba Diver who wants to upgrade to Open Water Diver
What does it cover?
PADI Scuba Tune-up Online content is broken down into 8 easy-to-learn sections after an introduction, covering Safe Diving Practices, Dive Planning Fundamentals, Problem Management, Breathing Air at Depth, Dive Computers and Dive Tables, Planning Dives with the RDP, Diving with Enriched Air Nitrox and Diving Skills Review.
Confined Water Scuba Skill Review are extra cost to the Padi Instructor.
CONFINED WATER TRAINING includes:
- confined water session with a dive professional
- Overview of pre-dive planning, equipment assembly and adjustment, predive safety check, entry, descents, buoyancy control, ascents, exit and general dive skills such as equalization
- All gear including BCD/regulator with console, weights, mask, snorkel, fins, boots, tank
- Review of basic scuba skills- Remove, replace and clear the mask, become neutrally buoyant and hover, weight release, alternate air source use.
Who can benefit from completing the course?
The course is designed for anyone who wants to refresh their dive knowledge. The program is primarily designed for certified divers who wish to return to scuba diving after a period of inactivity, however, it is also a great resource for those who are returning to a course after a shorter break in the training.
How does it work?
After enrolling, PADI’s eLearning ® system presents you with interactive presentations that include videos, audio, graphics and reading. Short quizzes let you check understanding of the presented information before moving on. This lets you go through the program efficiently and at your own pace. End-of-section exams verify your mastery of the entire topic and are automatically scored.
What else is required to complete the course?
While PADI Scuba Tune-up Online does not necessarily require that any training dives in confined or open water take place, it is certainly recommended so that your skills can be refreshed as well as your knowledge. Be sure and discuss the options you have for completing any practical elements with your Padi Instructor to maximize the benefit of completing the PADI Scuba Tune-up Online.
What does it cost?
The course fee for PADI Scuba Tune-up Online is €65 , non-refundable or simply you can request a PADI Access Pass from us. For in water training you will be charged for this when you arrive in Cyprus.
How long do you have to complete the eLearning course?
The eLearning course will be available for one year from the time of course registration.